Cold Sore Therapy
Laser treatment as therapy for cold sores is particularly beneficial, if you get treatment early. As soon as you begin to notice signs that a cold sore may be developing, such as itching, burning, tingling, and/or pain around your lips, make an appointment to come in and see us: Laser therapy can keep the breakout from developing further.
For cold sores that have already surfaced, laser therapy can speed up the recuperation process and significantly decrease the pain and discomfort involved with a cold sore breakout. Laser therapy can even keep cold sore mouth blisters from returning in the same territory.
Regular advantages of utilizing a laser to treat cold sores:
- It is a fast treatment, and can be performed without anaesthesia
- Removes the infection that causes cold sores
- Immediate pain relief
- Stops the advancement of the cold sore breakout
- Recuperation occurs more quickly, without further discomfort
- Cold sores reoccur less frequently, and less powerfully, in the same area after laser treatment
The use of lasers in dentistry creates more opportunity for dentists to perform a wide assortment of dental procedures. At Tuscany Dental Centre we use an AMD Picasso Lite soft tissue laser in our surgical and general dental procedures.